Sunday, August 29, 2010

Orange by Name - Green by Nature (for more reason than one!)

In Country Boy's and my eternal quest for the happily ever after, we booked a weekend away in the country town of Orange - a 4 hour drive west from our place in Sydney. I managed to make contact with the daughter of some old friends of Mum and Dad's - she lives in Orange with her Deputy Mayor husband and their three boys - one of whom is just one day younger than Quirky Boy. I was very excited about seeing her again - the last time was when I was about 15 and she was a fun kind of gal. Perfect match with her politically interesting hubby and three boys to have fun with.
Should have suspected that the trip was slightly doomed when I had to collect Mr Chop from daycare early on Wednesday due to vomit. Oh dear ... In typical optimistic fashion, we still decided to go - and had four days of vomit - from both ends, unfortunately. The lurgy struck Quirky Boy down as well - and Country Boy had  a touch of it, too. I figured that I was doomed, so go stuck into the pizza and other delicious gross  takeaway we bought, thinking "Oh well - It will be good to have my strength up" (haha - lovely excuse!). But ... I have been saved!
Boys are all fine - just quite washed out all the time we were away. I managed to get through about 500 pages of my book and have come home feeling strangely relaxed! If we had stayed home, I would have found a million things to do - so there's the silver lining!

No comments:

Post a Comment