Saturday, August 14, 2010

Musings from a Simple Girl

Feeling the pressure here for the first Blog post to be fabulous. Not sure I can guarantee fabulosity, but can certainly guarantee correct spelling - will that cut it?

I read the other day that Blogs generally fall into two categories - aspirational or ... can't remember the other term - perhaps it was inspirational ... Anyway, my aim here is to be more 'inspirational' - perhaps not in the classical sense of the word, but more 'Gee, I am inspired to make better choices than this bird - she really fucks it up, sometimes!'

I am a 36 year-old girl (have only been 36 for a month or so, but have actually still been telling people that I'm 35 - 35 is a good age to stick with and hey - I think I can pull it off!), living in Sydney, mostly happily married (you've caught me on a good day - Country Boy gave me a sleep-in), mother of two very full-on sons (Quirky Boy - nearly 7, and Mr Chop, 2.5), part-time teacher of music at a stupidly posh school for boys and general dogsbody in Country Boy's business. I love bargain shopping and dare I say am quite the aficionado at finding a good deal - especially in the clothing department. I often wonder what that says about my past lives. I cry at the drop of a hat - those stupid shows where the best 12 singers get through only to be mercilessly judged for eight weeks by the public - yep, flood of tears, RPA - can't actually watch it for fear of flood damage. I especially tear-up when listening to music ... quite tragic really. I am a very loyal friend, colleague and daughter / grand-daughter /sister - except when you all piss me off, which is fairly often, come to think of it (more of that to come) and I guess I am quite like-able - hard for one to be objective about these things, n'est-ce pas?

Anyway - here's hoping you'll return to see what I'm on about tomorrow! Perhaps musings on 'Gee, I've spent 31 years of my life ruled by bells - time to get the hell out!' - enticed??? Hope so! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment